A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Friday, January 24, 2014

Evolving or reinventing yourself?

Several articles I have read recently talked about the changes that happen in a person's life. One called the changes "reinventing yourself." Another called it the "evolution" in one's life. Another article repeated the adage that the shortest distance between two points is a straight line. But the author of the last article said that is true only in  math...that in real life one rarely takes a straight line to get to the next point and that is the joy of living...the times we take the round about way.

It seems to me that rarely does one even know exactly what the next point or the distant point is. "Reinventing myself" doesn't ring true for me. "Evolving" is much closer. And my life has been far from a straight line between two known points. How else did I wind up in Las Vegas, Nevada??

But somewhere in all of that roaming, I knew I was searching for a closer relationship with God. Somehow I knew there was a void...a God-shaped void. And that is the joy of the round about way. In all that "evolving" I began to identify the void. I began to name the "void." I began to feel it fill as I spent more time in thinking about my relationship with God, in talking about it with people who understood, in reading, in prayer. And though I hope my "roaming" is slowing down, I pray the filling of my void is a continuation of my evolving relationship with God.

Are you "reinventing yourself?"of are you "evolving?" Is there a void you are trying to fill? Can you take a few minutes of quiet time today to consider that?

Blessings-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment