A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Friday, January 3, 2014

So What Now?

I started to put away the calendar from 2013. I decided to take a quick review of what each month had noted and many pleasant memories made me smile. Also some of the hard work, the difficult decisions made me pleased...others made me cringe. The big thing---the move to Las Vegas---was barely a thought when we started last year. Isn't that the way it goes? Life is so changeable that what we are setting as goals this New Years are important; but we don't even imagine the big things that will come in 2014. We just don't control so much in our lives. I guess that's the good news and the bad news. I like to think I have some control of my life but as the saying goes, "Life is what happens when you are making other plans."

But plan I will-- and this year I will make them measureable---Goals:  1) spiritual growth---daily meditation both morning and afternoon---focus on decreasing anxiety 2) the always present weight loss-back to "normal" 3) continue recovery-daily focus---2 blogs per week/monthly radio talk 4) volunteer--contact at least 3 organizations about volunteer possibilities---choose 1---get involved 5)  2 "vacations"---one in the spring with friends---one to the beach with family 5) 2 minivacations--one to Zion National Park---one to the desert in bloom (both nearby)

These seem do-able...seem to lay out a path. I think I would be pleased if I manage these when I look at January 3, 2015.

How about you? How does last year look? What is measureable for the upcoming year? What is do-able? What would please you on January 3, 2015?
Will it be a Happy New Year? How does all this fit in your relationship with God?

Blessings-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment